Monday, September 25, 2006

Final Outdoor Training Day

Went back to Winn Hill in The Peak District to finish off my training, taking the steepest possible route to the top, descending then going back up again. It was tough going up the second time around!!

I did meet some fascinating people however, A Park Ranger - Roy, brilliant bloke to chat to. 72 years of age and been in the hills of the Peak District since he was 14. He was very very knowledgable. He assured me that none of the climbs in Nepal would be as steep as the one I did up Winn Hill. How he knew I dare not ask, I was relieved that he said that to me :)





Also met up with a couple of doctors who gave me advice about diahorea - lovely! An ex- army chap who told me he did the hill walk twice a week and it never got easier. That made me feel better too!! And a group of cyclists who mis-read their map and thought they were going up a bridleway. After my navigation nightmare here earlier in the year I was pleased to be able to put them right!



Finally for now, a couple of practice pics taken with my camera in 3D mode. This one you need those 3D glasses for, but is a nice effect if you have a pair even if the view isnt particularly spectacular.....



and this is the same pic just a different method. It works using the same technique as the magic eye pics. You just have to relax!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home